Some tourists want long vacations by the pool and hours spent in the sun with a cocktail in their hand. Others want to explore cities and destinations that attract through history and culture or some are eager to truly enjoy the landscapes, to see nature in all its beauty and wildness. If you fit into this last category, then a vacation with safaris and wildlife is what suits you.
Let's check today the most interesting places for safari!
Once you land at Kilimanjaro Airport you will know that you have entered another world. Here are our recommendations:
- Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park are two areas where you can truly enjoy an African safari experience: you can see with your own eyes the Oryx and Gerenuk antelopes (particularly rare species), lions, leopards and pythons, a rich fauna and flora, countless rare animal species.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area - a visit in Tanzania is incomplete if you miss out this area. Ngorongoro Crater is the largest intact volcanic caldera in the world and home to the densest known population of lions. Black rhinos, hippos, zebras, gas, elephants, buffaloes, antelopes and leopards also have their habitat in the crater.
- The Serengeti National Park is one of the most important ecosystems in Africa, with an amazing diversity of fauna and flora. Get ready to take as many photos as possible, because here you can spend a whole day with antelopes, buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles, lions, cheetahs, leopards, monkeys and different species of birds.
If you have already seen photos of giraffes walking freely among tourists, you know that these images are taken in Kenya, the best place to go on a safari.
- Nairobi - Your safari holiday should start with a city tour. Kenya's capital is comparable to New York when it comes to infrastructure, skyscrapers and nightlife, but it doesn't compare to anything else when it comes to the abundance of nature here. A trip to Nairobi should include visits to: Nairobi National Park, Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen Museum and Elephant Orphanage.
- Maasai Mara - a safari in the Maasai Mara Nature Reserve will give you the opportunity to see and understand a complex, varied and surprising ecosystem. Maasai Mara is the birthplace of the Big Five: the lion, the leopard, the elephant, the rhino and the bison. In addition to these, you will see dozens of species of birds and cats.
- You can also visit Maasai Mara in a relatively unconventional way: a balloon ride that will give you a completely different perspective on the wild expanse of the savannah and the four different forms of relief that make up the reservation.
The most developed and fascinating country on the African continent, South Africa is a perfect experience for all those who want to combine safari tourism with an understanding of the world's history.
- The Cape Peninsula is an area with exclusive neighbourhoods and beaches, landscapes and natural areas entered in the UNESCO patrimony, an oasis of greenery. A trip here will give you the opportunity to see Boulders Beach with its famous penguin colony, Simon's Town, Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, Hout Bay, Sailor's Pier and Cape Point.
- Gondwana Reserve - here you can see and take many photos of antelopes, zebras, giraffes, elephants, the great carnivores of Africa, ostrich farms, dozens of species of birds, local fauna and flora. The safari should also includes a ferry trip to Knysna Lagoon, as well as entering the depths of Africa's wilderness with 4 × 4 vehicles.
- Johannesburg is a city steeped in history, well known for the Apartheid Museum, but also because it is home to the Cradle of Mankind (a UNESCO World Heritage site that contains humanoid fossils and a set of caves, where the first human remains have been discovered).
Costa Rica mixes the tropical jungle with exotic beaches in a landscape of beauty that can not leave you indifferent.
- San Ramon - a safari in Costa Rica starts here: 890 species of birds to see and photograph and countless living adventures. Walk on the suspended walkways of San Luis, to admire the wildlife or the zip line descent in the Rio Cataratas area. For those who need a little adrenaline, the San Luis Canopy Tour will allow you to experience the so-called "elevator", with the help of which you will be able to rise above the forest and you will be able to admire the spectacular landscape.
- Arenal - Caro Negro - Manuel Antonio - the beauty of the region will accompany you at every step in your safari adventure that starts from Arenal Volcano , a true monument of nature. Take a tour of the Cano Negro Protected Natural Area and enjoy many species of plants and animals (some of which are very rare), such as Quetzal birds, capuchin monkeys, caimans, turtles, sloths or basilisks). In Manuel Antonio National Park, however, you will live a truly unique experience: you will reach the jungle by walking a distance of only a few steps from the beach you will pamper yourself.
- Osa Peninsula - you can not leave Costa Rica without participating in a tour of this peninsula, a tourist experience that attracts thousands of tourists annually. Take a trip in the heart of the jungle, to the area of El Remanso Canyon. If you want to have an extreme adventure, you can descend by rappel from the canyon through four spectacular waterfalls. With over 400 species of birds and a multitude of exotic animals and plants, the Osa Peninsula is vast and challenging, so it will be difficult for you to choose between a tour of the waterfalls, one of herbs and medicinal plants or one that includes observing the most rare species of birds in the area.